Monday, September 2, 2013

Free Bird.


My head feels a lot like hurricane katrina is happening inside of it lately.
my life is a crazy mixed-up pile of things that are new and different. I'm learning so much about myself. For instance, I recently quit my job of 3.5 years to take a chance on a new and exciting opportunity with a new company. I never thought that would happen. especially not at this time in my life. It's scary. and challenging. and just what I need. 
So far the latter half of 2013 has pretty much decided to flip my world upside down. I can't decide most days if its the best thing thats ever happened to me, or the scariest. Maybe its both. I can't explain it, but...

All I know is I feel free. Free to make mistakes. Free to question everything. Free to just worry about only me and no one else right now. Free to date 22 yr olds and call myself a cougar for a couple weeks, and then get rejected by said 22 yr old for another girl. that's a story for the books, my friends. free to go to my friends weddings, drink so much that I question how I didn't spend the night puking, dance till I can't dance anymore, and hook up with a guy I just met and do the walk of shame in a hotel hallway at 8am, still drunk. And free to feel things for people I just met [at weddings] that I shouldn't!!! Because it's my fucking life and I don't have to answer to anyone but myself!!! 

I am truly terrified, and beyond excited to see where this life takes me. I am open to anything. I am cherishing every new experience, every new friend made, every situation I am in thats new to me, that ends up being amazing and making me feel grateful about the life I have. and the friends I have. and the opportunities that present themselves at the craziest times. 
Because even after all this time, i still/always will believe, no matter how rough things seem to be, that everything happens when and how its supposed to. always.

as Joe Dirt so eloquently put it..."Life's a garden, Dig it!"

xo,
Danielle.




No comments:

Post a Comment