Sunday, August 25, 2013

DIY flower headband.

So i'm going to a wedding next weekend, and I wanted something fun to wear. I got a pretty plain black dress and decided I wanted to add the fun factor with a floral headband. So I scoured the internet for the best DIY tutorial, and got started...

Now that i'm finished, I decided to make my own tutorial to share with you what no other tutorial wants to share with you...THIS SHIT IS HARD!!!


Let's get started, shall we?!



Ok, so for the materials I went to Michaels. They had everything I needed and a pretty good selection of fake flowers. 
Here's what you need:
1. Whatever fake flowers you want.
2. Floral Tape.
3. Floral Wire.
4. Pliers. (not pictured cause i'm an IDIOT and didn't use them.)
5. Wire Cutters.

 This project took me about 1.5 hours to complete, and $20 for materials. 

Step 1:
measure the wire to fit your head how you'd want to wear it. [headband, crown, etc.]  then times that by about 3 so you have enough wire to wrap around the circle.* 
*this part fucking SUCKS. they don't tell you this in those super easy sounding DIY tutorials. It took me about an hour to wrap the wire, and my fingers now feel like I was just holding hands with Edward Scissorhands at a middle school dance.

Step 2:
cut down the fake flowers  to be just under the flower  part with a little extra plastic to wrap. Layer the flowers however looks good to you. wrap each flower with the floral wire. [if you don't want to repeatedly stab yourself the whole time, use pliers.]

Step 3:
Once you have all the flowers wrapped and looking how want, use the floral tape to wrap the ends of the wires.
*you can wrap the tape all the way around if you want to make it look a little cleaner.


Step 4:
You're done! try it on for size and to see if you need to add any flowers in.


I'll blog some pics from the wedding and my outfit all together for you guys next weekend!!

Have a good week!

xo,
Danielle.






         

No comments:

Post a Comment