Thursday, July 4, 2013

"Without music,life would be a mistake."


 “I always tell the girls never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously, you never get hurt. If you never get hurt, you always have fun. And if you ever get lonely, you can just go to the record store and visit your friends.”
-Almost Famous.

                                                                                                                                                                                               


 Ok so it's no secret D and I have gone through some big changes in both our lives lately,which all conveniently happened we decided to start our blog. Broken hearts and careers changes all unexpected,pretty much suck. So we both have depended on each other,family,friends,alcohol and music to get us through the days.Music is pretty much what gets me through everything in life. It's everything,next to love. When I'm so broken and no else is around or when I'm so happy I can't stand it, music is always there for me no matter what. So right now I'm going to share with you some songs on my playlist lately that I'm listening to at this very confusing, lost time in my life in no particular order:

1.Beach Boys-Don't Worry Baby
I'v been listening to them since I was a child and my father has always told me, don't worry baby, everything will turn out alright. Also, always always a constant reminder that I cannot worry about what I have no control over.
  2.Daft Punk-Instant Crush
I heard this song on a drive home one night and it changed my life. I had the instantaneous feeling where you hear a song and think, wow, life is fucked up and beautiful all at once. This album for me hasn't been out of rotation since it dropped and Julian Casablanca's auto-tuned falsetto singing beautiful lyrics about a relationship over this amazing synth beat kills me. 
   3.Kanye West-Black Skinhead
This song makes me feel bad ass. I know, Kanye is a pretentious asshole to the point where it's actually funny but the beat is sick (Daft Punk duh), and I'm just trying to keep it 300 like the Romans do.
4.Ellie Goulding-Anything Could Happen
This is my girl anthem song. I love to dance and sing it loud while it makes me feel liberated and realize I don't need to deal with the stupid boys I sometimes pay too much attention to. Ellie reminds me of the strong amazing independent woman that I am.
5.Daughters-Youth
My newest obsession. Daughters has been around for awhile but recently a lot of the lyrics of this English folk indie band have really hit close to home. her voice is hauntingly beautiful as well. I always believe this band sounds better at night.
                      
                      
                          
This Playlist is titled Month of May on my Spotify.All these songs that I've touched on have meant something to me the past two months.To hear the whole playlist,here's the link for you Spotify users. I hope you enjoy.
xo,
Kat.

No comments:

Post a Comment