Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Pursuit of (some kind of) Happiness.

I've been so caught up in working, and trying to figure out my place in life lately, that i've been distracted from blogging. As I lay here with the tiniest amount of free time, it's all I wanted to do. To talk about life...crazy, scary, amazing, heartbreaking, unpredictable, stressful, overwhelming, beautiful life. 
It's so easy to let the pressures of everyday life build up, and weigh you down. I'm speaking from personal experience. I never would have thought that at 28, I would be this person, who doesn't have her life figured out, but I am.  Recently i've been discovering...THAT'S OKAY! I have been spending my hour long morning commute thinking about all of my blessings, big and small. It's crazy the difference that something so simple, a shift in perspective so minuscule, can have on your whole outlook. I truly have it good, and even though things sometimes don't go as planned, or happen how/when I think they should, they always seem to be okay in the long run. And that, my friends, is the beautiful truth. So listen to them (whoever they are) when they say, "don't sweat the small stuff." Life is far too wonderful to spend your days allowing yourself to be burdened with the stresses of things that out of your control anyway. Take a couple minutes and look around you. Things are crazy and beautiful. Take a deep breath, enjoy the hustle and bustle. Cherish the moments that make you feel alive. Roll the window down and let the wind blow through your hair as you sing at the top of your lungs. Make wishes on shooting stars (and eyelashes, and dandelions) and believe with all your might that they will come true. Have dessert before dinner sometimes! Read books that make you laugh, and cry, and feel. Do whatever it is that makes you happy, and allow yourself moments to feel blessed. Because like John Lennon so poetically put it..
"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."
xo,
Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment